Obit: SPENCE, James

Dave:

Follow up to email from last week or so...yep, I'm behind!

This one's courtesy of Gerry M.

Eric

Halifax Chronicle Herald, Monday Jun 4, 1973
LONDONDERRY - James Spence, 70, of Londonderry, died Friday at home. Born at Parrsboro, he was a son of the late Thomas and Rebecca (Johnson) Spence. He was a veteran of the First and Second World Wars. Surviving besides his wife, the former Nettie Rushton, Westchester, are
four daughters, Eileen (Mrs. Glendon Mattison), Toronto; Kathleen (Mrs. Louis Mattison), Oxford; Frances (Mrs. Ross Fielding), Montreal; Juanita (Mrs. Lionel Patriquin), Moncton; two sons, James, Vancouver; Larry, Londonderry; six brothers, Amos, Truro; Harry, Debert; William, Masstown;
Harold, Toronto; Warren, Economy; Lawson, Moncton; four sisters, Mrs. Mazie Pellrine, Kennetcook; Nell (Mrs. Frank Blair), Pictou; Mrs. Hilda Pitts and Sophia, both of Toronto; 19 grandchildren and eight great grandchildren. The body is at McCulloch and Patriquin Funeral Home, Great Village.
Funeral service will be held today at 4 p.m. from Londonderry Mines United Church, Rev. R.B. MacCaull officiating. Burial will be in Londonderry cemetery.
[Source: G Mattinson 2004-02-07]