From: nscumber@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nscumber@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Marjorie Lloyd
Sent: April-15-10 9:24 AM
To: nscumber@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [nscumber] Colby Joseph Canning and Theresa Lavinia "Tressie"
Kendrick

Dear Listers,
On Colby and Tressie's marriage record, his age is given as 36, (making his
birth year 1862) when they married August 25, 1898 in Parrsboro, and his
parents are listed as William and Margaret.
However, on his death record, it states his birth date as July 22, 1878.
That's quite a difference in age. His parents are listed as Thomas Canning
and Annie Dowe, and his wife as Tressie Canning. Just checked the 1871
Cumberland Census and Colby's not there, but in the 1881 census, there is a
Coally, born 1878, who I presume is Colby, and the parents are Thomas and
Ann, (household # 97) so I guess the death certificate is correct, regarding
the ages. Just wondering why there'd be such a discrepancy on the marriage
record.

Marjorie