Re: School Transportation Years gone by

Prior to its creation of the snowmobile, the Bombardier factory in the Eastern Townships of Quebec produced a small, rounded vehicle that would hold about twenty children and was called a Bombardiermobile. In her youth, my wife travelled to and from school during the winter months in such a vehicle.

Prior to her father's purchase of a Bombardiermobile, my wife traveled to school and from school during the winter in a horse-drawn sleigh on which was built a small, rectangular structure that had windows on both sides and a small, wood burning stove inside. It, too, held about twenty young passengers.

Rev. J A Alexander, Ottawa