Re: Adoniram Judson Rector of Canaan

Lawrence:

>From his obit:

Ronald J. Rector 1916 - 2008
RECTOR, Ronald J. - 91, Springhill and formerly of West Brook, passed away Friday, April 11, 2008, in Scotia Nursing Home, Beaver Bank. Born in Springhill, he was a son of the late Judson and ***Viola (Goodwin) Rector***. He is survived by daughters, Velda MacPherson (Archie), Beaver Bank; Darlene St. Peter (Leo), Blackstock, Ont.; Rodena Hatnean (John), Belle River, Ont.; Debi Canning (Martin), Dartmouth; sons-in-law, Joseph Dodsworth, Rothesay, N.B.; Keith Bowman, Lynn Mountain; 12 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, the former Annabelle MacDonald; daughters, Effie and Pauline; son, ***Ronald***; sisters, Bernice, Marguerite, Annie, Ethel; brother, Owen; grandson, Anthony. A private family service will be held at a later date.
[Google search found on 2010-03-04]

and his father's marriage:

NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1914; Book #37; Page #165
Adoniram Judson Rector, 34, w, Baptist, Carpenter
Living Amherst; Born Canaan
S/o George and Hannah Rector, Farmer
And
***Viola Blanche Goodwin***, 16, s, Salvation Army
Living Amherst; Born Upper Cape, N.B.
D/o Charles and Augusta Goodwin, Railroad Employee
Married 18 Feb 1914, Amherst
By Rev. Douglas Chapman, Methodist
Before Mrs. Carl Pipes and Elizabeth Chapman
[Source: Dave Winter, 3 Mar 2010]

Eric