From: keysie <keysie@...>
To: nscumber <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, February 26, 2010 11:50:46 AM
Subject: [nscumber] Obit: SMITH, Richard "Roy"

I have his wife as d/o Cecil Avard Smith (Springhill) & Martha Albert Moore (Soringhill) :

SMITH, Richard "Roy" - 77, Truro, passed away on Monday, February 22, 2010, in Colchester Regional Hospital, Truro. Born in Truro, he was a son of the late Russell Roy and Dora "Janie" (Bartlett) Smith. Roy is survived by his loving wife, Elaine (Rushton) Smith, sons, Curtis (Sharon), Omemee, Ont.; Richard "Sonny", Hamilton, Ont.; Darren, Petawawa, Ont.; daughters, Wanda (Ken) Earl, Hamilton, Ont.; Krista (Louis) White, Truro; grandsons, Trevor and Tristin Smith, Omemee, Ont.; Tyler Lockhart, Belmont; Nicholas Lockhart, Truro; Spencer Earl, Hamilton, Ont.; granddaughters, Tanya Smith, Omemee, Ont.; Hayden White, Truro; step grandchildren, Kaylin, Kylie, and Robert Couture, Omemee, Ont.; and brother, Malcom "Mike" (Julia) Smith, Truro. Besides his parents, Roy was predeceased by brothers, Keith Dennis Smith, and Gerald Oscar Smith. Cremation has taken place and there will be no visitation or funeral service at his request. Donations in Roy's memory may be
made to The Lung Association or to a charity of one's choice. There will be a gathering to celebrate Roy's life at the Onslow Belmont Fire Hall, Lower Onslow, on Sunday, February 28, at 1 p.m. Arrangements are under the care and direction of Serenity Funeral Home & Crematorium, P.O. Box 239, Port Williams, NS. Cards and letters of sympathy may be sent to this address or on-line at: www.serenityfuneral .com
[Friday 26-February- 2010 The Chronicle-Herald, Halifax NS]
[collected by EMKeys 2010-02-26]