From: "Steve Cameron" <truemanville@...>
To: <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] MORRIS - BEATTY - PORTER

Hi Eric

In your posting below, it mentions that Daisy Harvie Morris is living with her Aunt and Uncle, Rev. Douglas and Maria Porter.
To the best of my knowledge, Daisy went to live with the Porter's after her mother passed away and Edson remarried in 1900.
Maria Louise/Louisa Porter was the former Maria Dewis, d/o John and Priscilla ? Dewis and m/1 Beriah B. Cogswell from Aylsford, N.S. on Apr. 5, 1881 in Advocate Harbour. She then m/2 Rev. Porter on Apr10, 1893 in Advocate Harbour. There weren't any children from either marriage that I could find.
Daisy m/1 John Roy Rommell of Alma, N.B. on Aug18, 1920 in Advocate Harbour. I believe he worked as an accountant for C.T.White & Sons Ltd in Apple River.
Daisy's mother, Mary Alressa (Beatty) Morris was the d/o Henry and Priscilla (Blenkhorn) Beatty who married in 1857 in Advocate Harbour, seven years after Maria Louisa was born.
Another item that confused me was the 1911 census. Rev. Porter did a portion of it in Advocate and listed Daisy as his niece?

Have I missed something along the way?

Steve