Re: Frederick Sterling

Title: Re: [nscumber] Frederick Sterling
Hi Richard:

That’s how I have it in my file.

I believe this is the lady you’re looking for; Annie Lena Sterling.

Son, Fred Miller is actually her nephew whom they raised as a son.

Frederick Sterling m/1 Lottie A. Morris (1872-bef 1894) with issue of Frederick Blanchard “Miller” Sterling in 11 Apr 1892.  Lottie may possibly have died in childbirth.

Frederick Sterling m/2 Ida Edna Mae Harrington on 12 Sep 1894 with issue of 7 more children.

Dave
==========
Amherst Daily News, Tuesday, May 20, 1952, pg. #4; Reel #2703, NSARM, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: Mrs. Amos Miller
Mrs. Amos Miller died at Apple River, Monday, May 12. She had been in failing health for some time. Eighty-five years of age, she was the former Annie Sterling. Born in Rockport, N.B., she was a life long resident of Parrsboro until she went to Apple River five years ago. Her husband predeceased her some years ago. She is survived by a son, Fred Miller, of Halifax. The funeral service was held from the chapel of the Smith Funeral Home, Wednesday afternoon with Rev. Willard Smith, of the Baptist Church officiating. Burial was in the Baptist Cemetery.

Source: Dave Winter
==============
Amherst Daily News, Thursday, October 18, 1956, pg. #8; Reel #2711, NSARM, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: Frederick B. Miller
Frederick Blanchard Miller, 64 year-old Lower Sackville resident, died at the Halifax Infirmary, Halifax, Monday following a lengthy illness. A native of Parrsboro, he is survived by his wife, the former Muriel Cantelope; two daughters, Marjorie, at home; and Mrs. R.S. (Yvonne) Read, Kindersley, Sask.; two grandchildren; several half-sisters and half-brothers in Parrsboro. The funeral was held Wednesday, with Rev. J.R. Williams officiating. Interment was in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Lower Sackville.

Source: Dave Winter
Note: Amos and Annie didn’t have any other children to be his half-brothers and half sisters
=============
Methodist and United Circuit, Parrsboro, N.S.; Reel #11763-X, NSARM, Halifax, N.S.
BAPTISMS; 1853 - 1956
Frederick Blanchard Sterling, s/o Frederick and Libbie [sic, Lettie] Sterling, Parrsboro
Born 11 Apr 1892; Baptized 16 Dec 1892
Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, November 1, 1938; Reel #2863, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY - Fred Sterling
The death of Fred Sterling, for many years a highly respected citizen of the town of Parrsboro, occurred at his home here on Saturday at the age of 76 years. The late Mr. Sterling was born in Sackville, N.B.. He was a former member of the Parrsboro Town Council and a member of Kenliworth Lodge, No. 13, of which he was Deputy Grand Chancellor for 12 years. He was a member of the Methodist Church. For many years he conducted a restaurant and bakery in this town. He is survived by his wife, three sons, Fred of Halifax, Percy and Victor of Parrsboro; and four daughters, Mrs. Victor Porter (Fauline) of Springhill, Mrs. Willard Lamb ( Myrtle), Mrs. A.D. Pettigrew (Jennette) both of Parrsboro, and Ola Sterling residing at home. One son, Cecil, lost his life in the Battle of Vimy Ridge. He also leaves to mourn his loss one sister, Mrs. Amos Miller of Parrsboro and one brother Wm. K. Sterling of Hantsport. The funeral was held from his late residence on Monday afternoon with interment in the United Cemetery. Rev. H. Hamilton Conducted the service at the house and grave, assisted at the grave by members of Kanliworth Lodge. The pallbearers were: Captain W.F. Durant, W.W. Hatfield, George Jeffers, Harvey MacAloney, C. Salter and John Marwick. Among those from out of town who attended the funeral were the following: Mr. and Mrs. Victor Porter, Springhill; Mr. and Mrs. F.B. Miller, Halifax; Mr. and Mrs. Lorne Winters, Bass River; Mr. Fred Porter, Amherst; Victor Sterling, Hollis Porter, Charles Sterling, Leslie and Herbert Ruston, all of Springhill.

(I didn't copy the list of floral tributes)
(must have been omissions or errors as altered obit. re-run the following week)

Source: Dave Winter