Re: Frederick Sterling

Marjorie:

You won¹t find anything on Lettie A. Morris because she died sometime before
1894, possibly following childbirth, when there were no death records kept.

Fred and Lettie had issue of one son, Frederick Blanchard Sterling, born 11
Apr 1892 who was adopted / raised (sometime after his mother died) by Fred¹s
sister, Annie Lena (Sterling) Miller who raised her nephew as Frederick
Blanchard Miller.

Fred Sterling m/2 Ida Edna May Harrigan on 12 Sep 1894 but Frederick
Blanchard didn¹t come back to live with them.

Dave
=============
Methodist and United Circuit, Parrsboro, N.S.; Reel #11763-X, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
BAPTISMS; 1853 - 1956
Frederick Blanchard Sterling, s/o Frederick and Libbie Sterling, Parrsboro
Born 11 Apr 1892; Baptized 16 Dec 1892

Source: Dave Winter, 24 Jan 2010
Note:
I feel "Libbie" should be Lettie. Fred's m/1 was Lettie A. Morris, d/o John
and Emma (Baker) Morris. Fred m/2 Ida Edna Harrigan on 12 Sep 1894.
Frederick Blanchard Sterling is the Frederick "Miller" Sterling referred to
in Fauline (Sterling) Porter's obit. Frederick B. isn't on the 1901
Parrsboro Census but oddly enough, the next family to the Sterling's in 1901
is the Millers!!!! Maybe where the nick name "Miller" came from; raised by
them???
--------------------------------
Amherst Daily News, Thursday, October 18, 1956, pg. #8; Reel #2711, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: Frederick B. Miller
Frederick Blanchard Miller, 64 year-old Lower Sackville resident, died at
the Halifax Infirmary, Halifax, Monday following a lengthy illness. A native
of Parrsboro, he is survived by his wife, the former Muriel Cantelope; two
daughters, Marjorie, at home; and Mrs. R.S. (Yvonne) Read, Kindersley,
Sask.; two grandchildren; several half-sisters and ***half-brothers in
Parrsboro***. The funeral was held Wednesday, with Rev. J.R. Williams
officiating. Interment was in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Lower Sackville.

Source: Dave Winter, 24 Jan 2010
=======================
Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, November 1, 1938; Reel #2863, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY - Fred Sterling
The death of Fred Sterling, for many years a highly respected citizen of the
town of Parrsboro, occurred at his home here on Saturday at the age of 76
years. The late Mr. Sterling was born in Sackville, N.B.. He was a former
member of the Parrsboro Town Council and a member of Kenliworth Lodge, No.
13, of which he was Deputy Grand Chancellor for 12 years. He was a member of
the Methodist Church. For many years he conducted a restaurant and bakery in
this town. He is survived by his wife, three sons, ***Fred of Halifax***,
Percy and Victor of Parrsboro; and four daughters, Mrs. Victor Porter
(Fauline) of Springhill, Mrs. Willard Lamb ( Myrtle), Mrs. A.D. Pettigrew
(Jennette) both of Parrsboro, and Ola Sterling residing at home. One son,
Cecil, lost his life in the Battle of Vimy Ridge. He also leaves to mourn
his loss one sister, Mrs. Amos Miller of Parrsboro and one brother Wm. K.
Sterling of Hantsport. The funeral was held from his late residence on
Monday afternoon with interment in the United Cemetery. Rev. H. Hamilton
Conducted the service at the house and grave, assisted at the grave by
members of Kanliworth Lodge. The pallbearers were: Captain W.F. Durant, W.W.
Hatfield, George Jeffers, Harvey MacAloney, C. Salter and John Marwick.
Among those from out of town who attended the funeral were the following:
Mr. and Mrs. Victor Porter, Springhill; Mr. and Mrs. F.B. Miller, Halifax;
Mr. and Mrs. Lorne Winters, Bass River; Mr. Fred Porter, Amherst; Victor
Sterling, Hollis Porter, Charles Sterling, Leslie and Herbert Ruston, all of
Springhill.

(I didn't copy the list of floral tributes)
(must have been omissions or errors as altered obit. re-run the following
week)
Source: Dave Winter, 24 Jan 2010