Re: MORRIS, Vaughan Earl

Dave,

Here's an obit. from Leslie Almond Brown: Said he died 25 Jan 1942
You wrote Marjorie*: Leslie
Almond Brown on 17 Aug 1921 at Parrsboro, and died 30 Jul 1939 in the County
Home, Pugwash.*

Jim

Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, January 27, 1942; Reel #2863, NSARM, Halifax,
N.S.
OBITUARY: Leslie Brown
The death of Leslie Armand Brown, a life-long and respected resident of this
town, occurred here on Sunday following a lengthy illness. Born in 1872, a
son of the late Capt. Everett and Frances Smith Brown, he followed the sea
for many years. Surviving are four daughters and two sons. The daughters
are: (Frances) Mrs. A. Olsen of Parrsboro; (Margaret) Mrs. Herman LaVoie of
Belmont, Mass.; Mrs. R.C. Forbes and Miss Mildred Brown, both of Bellerica,
Mass.; The sons are, Malcolm Brown of Halifax; and Merrill of Baltimore, Md.
One sister, Mrs. Edward Cowan of Parrsboro also survives. His wife
predeceased him many years ago.

Source: Dave Winter
Note: "Everett" may possibly be a typo for Edwin.

Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, February 3, 1942; Reel #2863, NSARM, Halifax,
N.S.
OBITUARY: Leslie Brown
(similar obit., listing interment in St. George's Anglican Cemetery on 28
Jan 1942.)