Re: BOWDEN, Iva Freda

Eric:

If like you said, Clem William Bowden and Iva Freda Chandler were married 8
Apr 1939, then Thomas (Bowden?) Dow/e was possibly born after 1939 and
therefore at least 6 years younger than Enid, if not more. But then, Michael
and Enid didn’t marry until 2 Oct 1953. Perhaps they “fostered” him only as
a teenager?

Thomas’ grandparents, (Percy Morton Chandler and Jennie Annie Smith) who
possibly looked after Thomas before that, died in 1951 and 1957
respectively. Maxine U. Dowe was born 8 Aug 1937. Once the grandparents
died, Thomas possibly went to live with Michael and Enid (a Smith relative).

Dave

On 1/24/10 1:19 PM, "keysie" <keysie@...> wrote:

> Dave:
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. I note Tom's surname continues to be spelled
> with the silent "e".
>
> If he was foster by Enid & Michael Morrissey, he was likely older than his
> foster mother as Enid was born in January 1934.
>
> More digging required...? The solution may only come from someone who is on
> the "inside" - a family member.
>
> Jennie Annie Smith and Enid Joyce Smith are 1st cousins, once removed through
> Charles Appleby Smith.
>
> Eric

Nova

Hunt,