From: "David Winter" <davidwinter@...>
To: "nscumber" <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] BOWDEN, Iva Freda

Hi Again Eric:

I’ve unhooked Thomas (Bowden?) Dowe as a son of Morton John Dowe and Jennie
Annie Smith and reattached him as a s/o Clem William Bowden and Iva Freda
Chandler for now. I’ve placed a note in Thomas’ file notes that: “He may
possibly have been partially raised by his maternal grandmother and his
step-grandfather. He may also have been possibly adopted or fostered by
Michael W. Morrissey and Enid Joyce Smith.” See obit below.

There’s a good possibility Clem William Bowden and Iva Flora Chandler’s
marriage broke up necessitating something be done with son, Tom. Clem
William Bowden then possibly took up with Florence I. Harrington. Needs a
bit more research yet.

Dave
===============
MORRISSEY, James "Jim" - 52, Amherst, passed away peacefully after a short
battle with cancer in the Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre on
Thursday, January 29, 2009, while surrounded by the comfort of his family.
Born in Parrsboro in 1956, he was a son of Enid (Smith) and the late Michael
Morrissey. Jim will be missed by his friends who gathered daily for coffee
at the Old Mall Parking Lot. Jim was a car buff, enjoying all makes and
models. He will be sadly missed by his wife, Joanne (Gautreau), Amherst;
sons, David (Amanda Hirtle), Parrsboro; and Jimmy, Amherst; stepdaughters,
Monique (Jason Chan) Hebert, Janice (Chris) Melanson, both of Moncton, N.B.;
Nicole (Sean Fleming) Hebert, Montreal, Que.; grandchildren, Ashley, Jordon,
Morgan, and Halee; great-grandchild, Dominic; his mother and stepfather,
Enid Morrissey and Robert Buckoski, Parrsboro; brothers, Michael (Susan)
Morrissey, Fall River; John (Fay) Morrissey, Sackville, N.B.; ***and Tom
(Deanna) Dow, Ontario***; sisters, Shelley (Rod) Harrison, South Hampton;
Marlene (Frank) Russell, Fredericton, N.B.; Ann (Ed) Kokojejko, Ontario; and
Joan (Jeff) Doyle, Fall River. Arrangements have been entrusted to
Furlong~Jones Funeral Home, 70 Church St., Amherst, NS (902-667-8777) where
visiting hours will take place on Sunday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Funeral Mass
will be celebrated on Monday, February 2, at 10 a.m. in Holy Family Parish,
Amherst, with Father Driscoll officiating. Burial will take place in St.
Charles - Nativity Cemetery in the spring. Those wishing to make a donation
may do so to the Canadian Cancer Society, or the charity of their choice.
www.furlongjones.ca
[Saturday 31-January-2009 The Chronicle-Herald, Halifax, NS]
[collected by EMKeys 2009-01-31]

On 1/23/10 11:24 PM, "keysie" <keysie@...> wrote:

> Dave:
>
> Clem William Bowden was born Diligent River and died before Sept 2004. He was
> the s/o William Cephas Bowden (1871-1929) and Sabra Ellen Welton (1875-1951) -
> one of their 11 children.
>
> I have him married to Iva Freda Chandler on 1939-04-08.
>
> See obit posted for Iva in seperate email. No mention is made of Clem.
>
> Also, her obit includes reference to her son, Tom Dow - raised by Iva's mother
> and stepfather.
>
> Eric

Alden

> and