Re: Wesley "Jack" Hunt

Hi Penny:

Thanks for the data on Florence I. Harrington.

Believe this obit below is her son, Jack Campbell¹s father-in-law; his wife,
Karen¹s father.

I have Gloria Phinney as d/o Francis Owen ³Frank² Phinney and Mabel Levina
Lewis.

Anyone know the parents of Clem Bowden?

Dave
============
Saturday, January 4, 2003 Back The Halifax Herald Limited
----
KEATING, James David "Rocky"
KEATING, James David "Rocky" - 73, Willow Street, Parrsboro and Halifax,
passed away January 2, 2003, in South Cumberland Community Care Centre,
Parrsboro. Born in Halifax, he was a son of the late Louis and Kathleen
(Foley) Keating. He was a former Maritime Boxing Champion having held both
the Maritime Fly Weight and Bantam Weight titles. He worked at the Nova
Scotian Hotel for many years and later retired from the City of Halifax,
Parks and Grounds Department. He was a volunteer of Spencer House in Halifax
and was an advocate for seniors rights. Known for his smile, Rocky had a
soft spot for those less fortunate than himself, especially children. He is
survived by his wife, the former Gloria Phinney; daughters, ***Karen
Campbell (Jack)***; Sharon Gillis (Tony), all of Parrsboro; son, Robert,
Halifax; sister, Mary (Thomas), Dartmouth; brother, Phil, Lynn, Ma.;
grandchildren, Chris (Shelly), North Bay, Ont.; Kristy Campbell, Kelsea and
Luke Gillis, all of Parrsboro; great-grandchildren, Tanner and Brayden. He
was predeceased by brother, Walter. Visitation 1-2 p.m. Monday in Smith's
Funeral Home, Parrsboro, where funeral service will follow at 2 p.m., Father
Gaetan Banyog-enne officiating. Memorial donations may be made to the
Canadian Cancer Society or South Cumberland Community Care Centre,
Parrsboro. On-line condolences at: www.smithsfuneralhome.com

Source: Jack Wagstaff who saved it from the on-line newspaper