Re: Joyce Vivian Hunt/MacAloney/Welton

Hi Penny:

Thanks. I think it¹s them as well. See obits below.

He appears to be buried alone, without his wife, in Economy Cemetery. Wife,
Emily (?) appears to be still alive in 1994 as Mrs. Emily Hussey in
Springhill.

A search by someone on the Herald Obit CD under ³Hussey² / ³Hunt² might
produce her obit as she¹s alive in 1994.

Dave
================
Chronicle Herald, Saturday, October 18, 1986, pg. #48; Reel #6278, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: John W. Hunt
Economy - John W. Hunt, 92, of Economy, Colchester County, died Friday in
Parrsboro Hospital. Born in Staunton, England, he was the son of the late
Charles and Amelia Hunt. He worked in the coal mines in Wales for a number
of years. He served in France during the First World War in the 40th
Division of the British Army. He moved to Canada in 1922 and, during the
Second World War, he served in the Canadian Army. Most of his life was spent
farming in Colchester County. He was a member of the Economy United Church
Choir for many years. He was past president of Parrsboro Legion and a former
member of the Parrsboro Lion's Club. He is survived by three daughters,
Betty Phinney, Economy; Mrs. Joyce MacAloney, Parrsboro; Edith (Mrs. Charles
Reid), Halifax; a son, Jackie, Forrest Grove, B.C.; 15 grandchildren; 24
great grandchildren; and a great great grandchild. The body is in Smith's
Funeral Home, Parrsboro. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Saturday in Economy
United Church, Rev. Margaret Outerbridge officiating. Burial will be in
Economy Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to South
Cumberland Memorial Hospital Day Care Centre or Economy United Church.

Source: Dave Winter, 7 Dec 2009

Cemetery Index - Colchester County
JOHN W. HUNT
Birth date (yyyymmdd) :
Death date (yyyymmdd) : 19861017
Age :
Buried in : UNITED CEME; ECONOMY Cemetery # : 86
Marker Number : 636
Number of People : 1
Book Number : 88.12
Stone Condition :
===============
Chronicle Herald, Tuesday, March 29, 1994, pg. #C16; Reel #8842, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY:
Phinney, Bette Irene - 73, Bass River, Colchester County, formerly of
Economy, died March 28, 1994 at home. Born in Gloucestershire, England, she
was a daughter of Mrs. Emily Hussey, Springhill, and the late John Hunt. She
had been a resident of Bass River for the past four years and was formerly a
life long resident of Economy. She was an adherent of the Economy United
Church. She is survived by three sons, Kevin, Bass River; Ronald, Lewis,
both of Economy; two daughters, Deanna (Mrs. Stephen Graham), Great Village;
Donna (Mrs. Ralph Fenerty), Edmonton, Alta.; brother, Wesley (Jack) Forrest
Grove, B.C.; sister, Edith Mae Reid, Halifax; 12 grandchildren. She was
predeceased by her husband, Dennis; sister, Joyce Welton. Visitation will be
7-9 p.m. Tonight in the Economy United Church, where funeral will be 4 p.m.
Wednesday, Rev. E. Wayne Mitton officiating. Burial will be at a later date
in the Economy Cemetery. Donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer
Society or any charity.

Source: Dave Winter, 7 Dec 2009