Cynthia Ann (Willigar) Spicer of West Bay

In trying to tidy up my Parrsboro File I've made a small change.

I've added this memo in her file notes: "Cynthia Ann Willigar is birth
daughter of Silas Willigar and Eliza Phinney. She was raised by her maternal
grandparents, Silas Phinney and Ann Fulton after both her parents died."

Therefore, I've unhooked her from Silas Phinney & Ann Fulton and reconnected
her to Silas Willigar and Eliza Phinney. She would therefore now have had a
full younger brother, Peter Wray Willigar who died in infancy and a
half-brother, Silas Freeman Vincent Willigar. Note on Cynthia's death
record, she was born 14 Sep 1862 NOT 14 Sep 1863 as per the census.

>From other data in Cynthia's death record, I'm also leaning towards Silas
Willigar as being Silas Freeman Willigar. He names his surviving son from
m/2, Silas Freeman Vincent Willigar!

Stay tuned later tonight, I have dug out lots on the 6 daughters, just need
time to transcribe all this data before posting.

Dave
======================
NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1880; Book #1809; Page #193; Entry #183
John W. Spicer, 23, b, Mariner
Living Parrsboro; Born Cornwallis
S/o Robert and Mary, Ship Capt.
And
Cynthia Phinney, 19, s
Living Parrsboro; Born West Bay
D/o Silas and Eliza, Ship Capt.
Married 24 Dec 1880, Parrsboro
By Rev. Wm. Alcorn, Methodist
Before Fannie S. Alcorn and Annie Alcorn

Source: Dave Winter, 21 Jan 2010
======================
NSARM Kings Deaths, 1935; Book #300; Page #554
Cynthia Spicer, Berwick, Widowed, Housekeeper
Born 14 Sep 1862, Cumberland County
Died 28 Dec 1935, Berwick, age 73 years, 3 months, 14 days, of Sudden
death-unknown, unhealthy
W/o William Spicer
D/o Freeman (blank), NS., and Eliza Phinney, N.S.
Informant; Esther Bligh, Berwick, Daughter
Buried 31 Dec 1935, Burlington

Source: Dave Winter, 21 Jan 2010
======================
Automated Genealogy Version;
1901 Kings County Census, Canada Creek family #86, SPICER:
6 86 Spicer John W M Head M Dec 19 1859 42
7 86 Spicer Cynthia F Wife M Sep 14 1863 38
8 86 Spicer Ester F Daughter S May 11 1887 14 (Esther Ann)
9 86 Spicer Florince F Daughter S Aug 8 1890 11 (Florina
Lillian "Flossie")
10 86 Spicer ?ella F Daughter S Jun 22 1893 8 (Idella "Della")
11 86 Spicer Ali? F Daughter S Oct 29 1894 7 (Alice)
12 86 Spicer Dise? F Daughter S Oct 22 1890 1 (Daisey Bell)
---------------------------
Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Kings County Census, Harbourville family #82, SPICER:
3 82 Spicer William M Head M Dec 1850 61 1901 Links
4 82 Spicer Cynthia F Wife M Sep 1864 46 1901 Links
5 82 Spicer Idelea (?) F Daughter S Jun 1892 18 1901 Links
6 82 Spicer Alice F Daughter S Oct 1894 16 1901 Links
7 82 Spicer Dasy (?) F Daughter S Oct 1899 11 1901 Links
8 82 Spicer Robert M Son S Aug 1901 9 1901
9 82 Spicer Ida F Daughter S Apr 1904 7 1901
========================
DEATH: Captain J. W. Spicer Is Called By Death
Berwick, July 30, 1930 - There passed away at Harbourville on Friday, July
25, Capt. J. W. Spicer, at the age of 78. He had been ill for eleven weeks
with heart trouble, but was better for several days and his death was
unexpected. He was the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Robert Spicer of
Parrsboro. He moved to Harbourville about 27 years ago and always followed
the sea 'til about 15 years ago. Captain Spicer leaves his widow, who was
formerly Miss Cynthia Willager, of Parrsboro; one son, Robert Spicer, of
Westwood, Mass.; six daughters, Mrs. J. L. Bligh, Berwick; Mrs. William
Parry, of Needham, Mass.; Mrs. C. J. Fox, Somerville, Mass.; Mrs. Walter
Chisholm, of Somerville, Mass.; Mrs. I. P. Conners, of Rockland, Mass.; Mrs.
Isaac Bezanson, of Garland, N.S.; two sisters, Mrs. Andrew McDougall, of
Apple River, Cumberland County; Mrs. Laurie Currie, of Spencer's Island; and
one brother, Johnson Spicer, of Spencer's Island. Funeral services were
conducted on Sunday afternoon, July 27, from his late residence with Rev.
John G. Hockin, of the Berwick United Church, of the Berwick United Church,
officiating. Interment in the Burlington Cemetery.

Source: Aramathea's "Willigar Website"