Re: Dora A. (Brown) Smith of Springhill

Hi David
His 3rd wife was Josephine Rushton, d/o Archibald Stephen and Mary Elizabeth Pearson and this marriage is in NS Vital stats and I show them as having a son Curry
----- Original Message -----
From: David Winter
To: nscumber
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:20 AM
Subject: [nscumber] Dora A. (Brown) Smith of Springhill

Because of Dora's birth date of 1886, I have her as d/o Joseph and his m/1,
Rebecca Tait, who may possibly died following complications of pregnancy;
Margaret Ellen Scott being her step-mother. Joseph didn't m/2 Margaret until
18 Jun 1890, 4 years later.

I have Eric Alfred Smith as deceased 20 Aug 1938 in All Saint's Hospital,
Springhill; son, Ottie Smith being the Informant. Appears he remarried after
Dora for a 3rd time as his surviving wife was named, Mrs. Josie Smith.

Dave
==============
NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1912; Book #1811; Page #188; Entry #351
Eric Smith, 35, w, Baptist, Farmer
Living Windham Hill; Born Rodney
S/o George and Melinda, Farmer
And
Dora Brown, 27, s
Living Springhill; Born Springhill
D/o Joseph and Margaret, Miner
Married 31 Dec 1912, Springhill
By Rev. Donald McPherson, Baptist
Before Malcolm Brown and Annie DeWolfe

Source: Dave Winter, 17 Jan 2010
NSARM Cumberland Deaths, 1920; Book #63; Page #279
Dora Smith, Rodney, Married, Housewife
Born 1886
Died 27 Mar 1920, Rodney, age 34 years, of Mistral? Regurgitation?
D/o Joseph Brown, N.S., and (not given)
Informant; Eric Smith, Rodney, Husband
Buried 28 Mar 1920, Rodney

Source: Dave Winter, 17 Jan 2010