From: "David Winter" <davidwinter@...>
To: "nscumber" <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Webb related

Jim:

Thanks for the extra obits.

Looks like Alexander Stewart Webb had 10 children from m/1, Carrie Eussa
Webb who died 8 Jul 1930; then another 7 children with m/2, Charlotte Ena
Langille who was 34 years younger than he.

She also appears to have a son, Garfield Sutherland (from a previous
relationship before Alexander Stewart Webb?)

Children, Gail, Gloria and Merton are ³unknowns² as Meart Webb doesn¹t
mention them in his obit, below.

Dave
==============
CARR'S BROOK, Colchester County - Meart W. Webb of Carr's Brook, Colchester
County, died Saturday Feb. 26, 2000, at the Colchester Regional Hospital,
Truro. He was 83 years of age. Born in Lr. Five Islands, he was the son of
the late Stewart & Carrie (Webb) Webb. He was a veteran of the Second World
War. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 72, Great
Village. He was a resident of Carr's Brook for 53 years, where he with his
wife operated the post office for 20 years. He was employed at the coal
mines in Springhill, a gold mine near Sheet Harbour and was a mechanic and
iron worker. He is survived by his wife, the former Kathleen Bowden; three
daughters, Jean Clish; and her husband, Ernie, Truro; Marilyn McBurnie and
her husband, Chester, Five Islands; Joyce Eagles and her husband, Morton,
Lr. Economy; brothers Wylie, Jamaica Plains, Mass; James, Economy;
***half-sisters Minnie Colpitts, Toronto; Helen Faulkner, Florida; Virginia
Downing, Economy; Shirley Tanner, Dartmouth; Eleanor McKinnon, Cranbrook,
BC; half brothers Hanson, Economy, Marvin, Tatamagouche***; seven
grandchildren, two great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by sisters,
Elsie, Vera, brothers, Israel, Owen, Minas, Elonzo, Norman and Leo;
step-mother, Charlotte (Webb) Tanner. Visitation with held 7-9 p.m. Monday
at Smith's Funeral Home, Parrsboro where the funeral was held 2 p.m. Tuesday
Feb. 29, with Rev. Jeffrey White officiating. Burial will be in the
Parrsboro Baptist Cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to the Victorian
Order of Nurses, Colchester Regional Hospital Foundation, Truro or to a
charity of choice."

Source: Heather Robinson, date unknown