From: "David Winter" <davidwinter@...>
To: "nscumber" <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Obit: JENKINS, Gertrude E

Eric:

Have you figured out how Gordon Lewis is connected to Jenkins?

Dave
==========
Her parent¹s marriage:

Vital Statistics from Government Records (RS141)
RS141B7
Index to New Brunswick Marriages

Name; STUART, MINNIE GERTRUDE
Married; JENKINS, IVOR HENRY
Date; 1919 | 06 | 30 (Y-M-D)
County; KINGS
Parish; ----
Number; 2531
Reference; B4/1919
Microfilm F16143
============
Her foster son:

The Chronicle-Herald/The Mail-Star; Published: 03/06/95
SHEA, LT.-COL. CECIL OSBORNE, CD
LT.-COL. CECIL SHEA OF LOUISDALE DIES
SHEA, Lt.-Col. Cecil Osborne, CD - 51, Louisdale, died March 2, 1995, at
home. Born at Lower Five Islands, he was a son of the late William and Hazel
(Lewis) Shea. He received his early and high school education in Halifax and
Parrsboro. He graduated from Mount Allison University, Sackville, N.B. and
went on to complete a masters in educational administration from St. Francis
Xavier University, Antigonish. He had done post-graduate work at the
University of Maine and Acadia University. At the time of his death, he was
principal at Felix Marchand and Isle Madame Elementary School, Louisdale. He
planned to retire in June after a 33-year teaching career. He previously
served as principal at Walter-Fougere Elementary-Junior High School,
Evanston; River Bourgeois School and Point Tupper School. Before moving to
Richmond County he had been a teacher and vice-principal at the North
Colchester High School, Tatamagouche for nine years. He served on the
Provincial Special Education Manual committee; was chairperson of Global
Education committee for Richmond County; Professional Development committee
of Richmond Local, NSTU; Special Services committee for Richmond District
School Board; Richmond County Literacy Council; chairperson of Emergency
Services Richmond-Inverness South Red Cross district branch; member of
branch 43, Royal Canadian Legion, Port Hawkesbury and an active participant
of Home and School associations throughout his career. Besides being a
greatly respected educator, he had a distinguished career with the air cadet
movement. He began his cadet career as a sea cadet, but joined the CIC as an
air cadet officer with the 596 Tatamagouche Squadron. He also worked with
719 Stora Squadron, Port Hawkesbury. He had been with the air cadet movement
for 35 years and had served in all positions at the squadron level. He had
over 30 years of air cadet summer training experience at various levels of
responsibility. He was the commanding officer of the Atlantic Region Air
Cadet Camp, Greenwood, 1989-1993. His most recent assignment was with the
Cadet International Exchange Program when he traveled to the Philippines in
the summer of 1994. Surviving are his ***foster mother, Gertrude Jenkins***;
half-brothers, Earl, Keith, John; half-sisters, Dorothy, Helen, Five
Islands. Funeral was held March 5 in Peniel United Church, Five Islands,
Rev. Donal Weicker officiated. Donations to Cecil Shea Memorial Fund,
Louisdale, Canadian Red Cross Society or Peniel United Church. Arrangements
under the direction of C.H. Boudreau Funeral Home, Arichat.

Source: Unknown, possibly the Herald Obit CD
Note: I have his birth parents as William Lawrence Shea, Saint John, N.B.
and Hazel Arleen Lewis, Five Islands ­ Dave Winter, 11 Jan 2010