Re: Seymour McCulley of Port Greville

Hi Lawrence:

Re; ***" Wilfred m son Mar 1903 8 NS
feel this is Wilfred, not William***

Harold William McCulley�s obit; 11 Mar 1970 � 17 Mar 1903 = 66 years :

Chronicle Herald, Thursday, March 12, 1970, pg. #24; Reel #5985, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY:
Harold William McCulley, 66, of Parrsboro, died in the Parrsboro Hospital
yesterday. Born in Port Greville, he was the son of the late Seamore and
Maude (Ellis) McCulley. He is survived by his wife, Hilda (Harvey); two
sons, Murray, Halifax; Floyd, Yarmouth; six brothers, Emerson and Trueman,
both of Port Greville; Brenton, Fox River; Murray, Halifax; Wilfred, Saint
John; and Lorne, Grand Manan Island, N.B.; six sisters, Gertrude (Mrs. Alvin
Newcombe) and Carrie (Mrs. Onslow Legere), both of Parrsboro; Ruby (Mrs.
Roland Allen, Pictou; Maureta (Mrs. George Hahh), Springhill; Mrs. Winnie
MacKay, Amherst; and Gleta (Mrs. Bruno Loh), Dartmouth. The body is at
Smith's Funeral Home, Parrsboro, where funeral service will be held Saturday
at 2 p.m. with Rev. Parker Matheson officiating. Burial will be in the
United Cemetery, Parrsboro.

Source: Dave Winter, 6 Jan 2010

Note: Transcribed as printed; Seamore should be Seymour; Ellis should be
Ells; Harvey should be Harvie; George Hahh should be Fred Hahnan; Gleta
should be Gletta.
=============
NSARM Cumberland Marriages, 1925; Book #40; Page #649
Harold McCully, Sailor, b, 22, Methodist
Living Port Greville; Born Port Greville
S/o Seymour McCulley, Ward�s Brook, and Maud Ells
And
Hilda Harvey, Housewife, s, 19, Methodist
Living Parrsboro; Born Parrsboro
D/o Embert Harvey, Burlington, Hants Co., and Mary MacKay
Married 29 Aug 1925, Parrsboro
By Rev. Z.D. Little, Baptist
Before Mr. and Mrs. Embert Harvie, Parrsboro
(Signed as McCulley and Harvie)

Source: Dave Winter, 6 Jan 2010

As for �absolutely Frederick, not Emerson�, I agree with your findings.

If Mickey Mouse (Mary Brown) is monitoring this posting, as the transcriber
of the 1911 Port Greville Census, she may be able to access the line and
change it. I was also a transcriber of some of the 1911 Census and can log
on but not actually change another transcriber�s work.

Dave