Re: Alton Johnston

As usual Dave, you are awesome !  Thanks so much for the info!!

Marjorie

--- On Sat, 1/2/10, David Winter <davidwinter@...> wrote:

From: David Winter <davidwinter@...>
Subject: Re: [nscumber] Alton Johnston
To: "nscumber" <nscumber@yahoogroups.com>

Marjorie:

Don’t know when or where Thomas Alton and Bessie Alma got married.

The two obits below should cover John Stephen’s parents and siblings.

Dave
===========
OBITUARY: The death of Percy SIDDALL, who had been a resident of Amherst for
some time, occurred suddenly at his home, 8 Terrace Street, Sunday
afternoon. Though he had not been in rugged health for some years, he was
able to be about as usual, and his sudden passing came as a great shock to
his family and friends. He was 38 years of age, a son of Mr. and Mrs. J. W.
Siddall. Besides his wife, the former Dorothy Trenholm of Amherst, the late
Mr. Siddall is survived by two children, a daughter, Pauline and son Percy;
his parents, Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Siddall of Amherst, four brothers and four
sisters. the sisters are Mrs. Vincent Morris and Mrs. Earl Eaton of
Southampton, Mrs. Clement Skinner of Amherst, and Mrs. George Bigelow of
Moncton; the brothers are Hedley of Amherst, Dr. A. M. Siddall of Pubnico,
Hazen and Stephen, both of Amherst. All will have the sincere sympathy of a
wide circle of friends in Amherst and the country in their bereavement. The
funeral service will be held from the home of Mrs. Earl Eaton, Southampton,
Tuesday at 2 p.m.
[From the Amherst Daily News Newspaper, dated Monday, 13 September 1943,
page 4.]
[Source: Kathryn Jeffers]
===============
Chronicle Herald, Monday, July 27, 1987; Reel #6296, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY - Vila F. Morris
Southampton - Vila F. Morris, 82, Southampton, died Sunday in Highland View
Regional Hospital, Amherst. Born in Southampton, she was a daughter of the
late John and Marjorie (Brown) Siddall. She is survived by two daughters,
Marjorie (Mrs. Roy Campbell), Saint John, N.B.; Marian (Mrs. Bill Hoytink),
Southampton; a son, Phillip, Truro; three sisters, Mrs. Effie Eaton and Mrs.
Dorothy Skinner, both of Southampton; Grace (Mrs. George Bigelow), Amherst;
six grandchildren; a great grandchild. She was predeceased by her husband,
Vincent; a daughter, Harlow. The body is in Smith's Funeral home, Parrsboro.
Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Tuesday in Southampton Baptist Church, Rev.
G.E. Miller officiating. Burial will be in Southampton Cemetery.

Source: Dave Winter, 2 Jan 2010
================
Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Cumbreland County Census, Southampton family #41, SIDDALL:
19    41 Siddall John   M Head M Sep 1881 29 1901
20    41 Siddall Marjory   F Wife M Feb 1883 28 1901
21    41 Siddall Alvin   M Son S Feb 1903 8 1901
22    41 Siddall Viola   F Daughter S Aug 1904 6 1901
23    41 Siddall Percie   M Son S Jul 1905 5 1901
24    41 Siddall Hedley   M Son S Aug 1906 4 1901
25    41 Siddall Hazen   M Son S Apr 1908 3 1901
26    41 Siddall Owen   M Son S Jun 1910 11/12 1901
27    41 Siddall John W.   M Father W Feb 1856 55 1901