Re: GEORGE, Joseph D

Eric:

Maude Cooper was previously married to William Lorette and before that,
Frederick Irven Shipley.

SHIPLEY FREDERICK E 23 S PARRSBORO PORT GREVILLE JAMES EMMA
6 Nov 1895 Cumberland County, N.S.
COOPER MAUD 18 S HALIFAX HALIFAX THOMAS BELLA 625

NSARM Cumberland Marriages 1920; Book #1811; Page #51; Entry #112
William Lorette, 29, b, Shoemaker
Living Parrsboro; Born Joggins Mines
S/o Julian and Alice, Labourer
and
Maude Shirley, 29, w
Living Parrsboro; Born Halifax
D/o James and Bella, Labourer
Married 16 Jun 1906, Baptist, Parrsboro

Source: Dave Winter 8 Sep 2007
Note: Maude¹s father¹s name may possibly be James Thomas Cooper.

Cumberland Marriage Index:
LORETTE WILLIAM 29 S PARRSBORO JOGGINS MINES JULIAN OLIVE
SHIPLEY MAUD 29 W PARRSBORO HALIFAX JAMES BELLA 625

I can only assume he had a relationship we don¹t know about. I only have one
Charles George in my database. Feel Charles had another son, David Lloyd
George by Maude Cooper before he married her in 1920
-------------
Automated Genealogy Version;
1901 Cumberland County Census, Parrsboro Family #27, SHIPLEY:
36   27 Shipley Frederick M   Head M Dec 30 1871 29
37   27 Shipley Maud? F   Wife M Oct 15 1876 24
38   27 Shipley Eva W. F   Daughter S Sep 25 1898 2
39   27 Shipley John E. M   Son S Sep 23 1900

Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Cumberland County Census, Parrsboro West family #104, Lorett:
10   104 Lorett Maud   F Head W Sep 1866 35? 1901
11   104 Lorett John   M Son S Sep 1901 10 1901 [John Edmund Shipley]
12   104 Lorett Irene   F Daughter S Aug 1909 2 1901
13   104 Lorett Andrew   M Son S Jun 1908 2 1901
14   104 Lorett Pat   M Son S May 1911 10/12? 1901

Automated Genealogy Version;
1911 Cumberland County Census, Parrsboro West family #106, SEETAL:
19 106 Seetal Sarah   F Head S Dec 1862 48
20 106 Seetal Holly   F Sister S Sep 1878 33
21 106 Shipley Winnifred F Boarder S Feb 1898 13 [Eva
Winnifred Dawson Shipley]

Trinity United Church, Parrsboro, N.S.; Reel #11764-X, NSARM, Halifax, N.S.
BURIALS:
Maude George (Mrs. Charles), age 86, Parrsboro
Died 14 Sep 1959; Buried 17 Sep 1959 in United Church Cemetery.

Source: Dave Winter, 11 Dec 2007
-----------------
Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, September 20, 1938, pg. #1; Reel #2862, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
PARRSBORO SEAMAN DIES IN ACCIDENT
Missing since late Saturday night, the body of Lloyd George, 25, son of Mr.
and Mrs. Charles George of this town was found by Joseph Kendrick about
10:30 Sunday night, in the dock of the Lincoln Pulpwood Company. On Sunday
evening when his parents first gave notice of alarm about his disappearance,
a search party was formed under the RCMP and a search was made of the water
front where he was last seen.
(didn't copy the details of inquest formed)
The deceased is survived by his parents and one brother, Peter George. The
funeral will be held on Wednesday. Accidental death caused by falling off
the wharf in the darkness and becoming smothered in the mud at ebb tide was
the verdict given.

Parrsboro Record, Tuesday, September 27, 1938, pg. #1; Reel #2862, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
ACCIDENT VICTUM LAID TO REST
The funeral for the late David Lloyd George, 25, who met an accidental death
when he fell from the wharf on the night of September 17th, was held from
the home of his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Charles George on Wednesday afternoon,
with interment in the United Church Cemetery. Rev. H. Hamilton and Envoy W.
Greenshields conducted the service at the house and grave. The pallbearers
were: Onslow Legere, Charles Kelly, Dexter Legere and Burpee Canning. Many
members of the Local Union, of which the deceased was a member, were in
attendance. Among the floral tributes were beautiful sprays from the Union
and from the B.E.S.L. in appreciation of labour given by the deceased when
their building was being erected.
(didn't copy the long list of floral tributes.

Source: Dave Winter 6 Sep 2007

NSARM Cumberland Deaths 1938; Book #167; Page #1167
David Lloyd George, Parrsboro, Seaman, Single
Born 30 Apr 1913, Cumberland Co.
Died 17 Sep 1938, Parrsboro, Suffocation following fall from wharf
S/o Charles George and Maude Shipley
Informant; Charles George, Parrsboro, Father
Buried 21 Sep 1938, United, Parrsboro

Source: Dave Winter 8 Sep 2007
Note: Maude is going by Shipley not Cooper

Dave