Re: Obit: GRAHAM, Hance E

--- In >Hi Dave. God Bless you. I need to get to the Archives when I visit
Halifax again for sure. I am also going to the french university in
Moncton to check out a few things soon, hopefully after the next
blast of winter goes through. Thanks again. Cora

> Hi again Cora:
>
> I was at the Archives all day and just arrived home. See below.
>
> Dave
> +++++++++++++++++
> Stella¹s birth date:
>
> NSARM Cumberland Delayed Birth, 1901; Book #1901; Page #99100449
> Stella Bernice Porter, Born 6 Jun 1901, Spencer¹s Island
> D/o Frederick Porter, born Spencer¹s Island, deceased, Exterior and
Interior
> Decorator, and Harriet Maude Knowlton
> Affidavit signed by David R. Porter, Uncle, on 30 Nov 1964 stating
she was
> born 2 months after his son, Nelson Porter was born 2? Apr 1901
>
> Source: Dave Winter, 13 Jan 2009
> Note: Uncle would be Robert Duncan R. Porter and his son, Robert
Nelson
> Porter, born Apr 1901 from the 1911 Census.
> =================
> Stella¹s marriage:
>
> NSARM Cumberland Marriages 1924; Book #40; Page #459
> Ellerton Scott Graham, Surveyman, b, 26, Presbyterian
> Living Port Greville; Born Port Greville
> S/o James Graham, Fox River, and Laura M. Berry
> And
> Stella Bernice Porter, Stenographer, s, 22, Presbyterian
> Living Fitchburg, Mass.; Born Spencer¹s Island
> D/o Joseph Porter, Spencer¹s Island, and Maude H. Knowlton
> Married 17 Sep 1924, Residence of Clergyman, Rev. Lewis W. Parker,
> Presbyterian, Parrsboro
>
> Source: Dave Winter, 13 Jan 2009
> ===============
> Their son:
>
> Chronicle Herald, Thursday, August 20, 1981, pg. #33; Reel #6153,
NSARM,
> Halifax, N.S.
> OBITUARY: Porter E. Graham
> Port Greville ­ Porter E. Graham, 41, of Port Greville, died Tuesday
in
> Parrsboro Hospital. Born in port Greville, he was the son of Stella
(Porter)
> Graham and the late Ellerton Graham. He is survived by a daughter,
Andrea;
> two sons, Douglas and Scott of Halifax; a sister, Mrs. Ardis
Firlott,
> Moncton; and one brother, Hance, Hannond Plains. The body is in
Smith¹s
> Funeral Home, Parrsboro, where funeral service will be 2 p.m.
Friday, Rev.
> Bradley Little officiating, with burial in Port Greville United
Cemetery.

> Source: Dave Winter, 13 Jan 2009
> Note: I do not know the name of his spouse but assume there¹s a
separation.
> Could not locate a baptism for him in the Grace United Church
records.
> Middle name unknown at this time.
> =================
> Their daughter:
>
> Provincial Archives of N.B., RS141B7, Index to New Brunswick
Marriages:
> Ardis Marion Graham and Patrick Austin Firlotte were married 5 Nov
1949,
> Moncton, Westmorland Co., No. 4659, Ref. B4/1949, microfilm F20055.
> -----------------------
> Grace United Church, Port Greville, N.S.; Reel #11763-X
> BAPTISMS: 1899-1971
> Ardis Marian Graham, d/o Ellerton and Stells Graham
> Born Fox River 4 Jul 1925; Baptized 16 Sep 1928 in Grace United
Church.

> Source: Dave Winter, 13 Jan 2009
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> On 1/12/09 9:59 PM, "corapaul2003" <corapaul2003@...> wrote:
>

> > --- In
> > husband,s? My g grandmother was Stella,s sister. I find the Porter
> > line hard to get info on. Cora
River,
> > passed away Friday, January 9, 2009, at home. Born in Fox River,
he
> > was a son of the late Ellerton and Stella (Porter) Graham. He was
> > retired auto body mechanic and painter. He is survived by the
mother
> > of his children, Eleanor (Wright) Graham, Lower Sackville;
daughters,
> > Shelley, Karen, Tara and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by
> > sister, Ardis; brother, Porter. Visitation 1-2 p.m. Tuesday,
January
> > 13, in Smith's Funeral Home, Parrsboro, where funeral service will
> > follow at 2 p.m., Rev. Greg Doyle officiating. Burial in Port
> > Greville United Cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to the
Heart