Re: Paul Lewis mystery + 2 MacBurnie obits.

Hi Dave/Gerry:

I note that Randall Ellsworth Boggs' mother is given as "Charlesetta Newton" while his sister's obit had her mother as "Etta McLellan". However, this is another marriage for Charlesetta as she was married to Royal Pettigrew in 1921 and as evidenced by their son's death registration below.

If Randall died in 1980 at age 62, he would've been born in 1918 (1980 - 62 = 1918 check my math!). Therefore Randall was born when was only 14 (????) and before she married Royal.

Charlesetta's mother's surname is given as REYNOLDS at the first marriage and RANDALL at the second. Could it be possible that Randall Boggs, was younger than 62 when he died? I would guess that his given name came from grandma's surname.

Her m/2 John Walter Boggs died in March 1939.

Eric
===========================
NSARM Colchester County marriage registrations
Year: 1921 Book: 45 Page: 268
Groom: PETTIGREW, Royal, 28, b, farmer, Presbyterian
living {blank}, born Economy
s/o John Pettigrew (Parrsboro) & Emma Fife
and
Bride: NEWTON, Charlesetta, 17, s, farmer's daughter, Presbyterian
[indexed as Charlotte]
living Pleasant Hills, born Economy
d/o David Newton (Economy) & Bridget Reynolds
married Tuesday, 1921-11-22 The Manse, Central Economy, NS
license # 5518
before John G Murray, William A Murray
by RP Murray, Presbyterian, Central Economy, NS
[collected by EMKeys 2008-12-10]
===========================
===========================
NSARM Colchester County death registrations
Year: 1922 Book: 62 Page: 383
Name: PETTIGREW, Lloyd Wallace
DoB: 1922-03-07 Colchester Co
DoD: 1922-09-05
Age: 6m 28d
Cause: tumor of brain
Occupation:
Marital status: single
Spouse:
c/o: Royal Pettigrew (Colchester) & Charlesetta Newton (Colchester)
Burial: 1922-09-05 Economy, NS
Informant: Royal Pettigrew, father, Pleasant Hills, NS
[collected by EMKeys 2007-12-12]
===========================
===========================
NSARM Colchester County marriage registrations
Year: 1925 Book: 45 Page: 928
Groom: BOGGS, John Walter, 26, b, labourer, Presbyterian
[indexed only as Wlater Boggs]
living Debert Station, born Goldenville, Guys Co
s/o Alexander Boggs (Lochaber) & Margaret Lawrence
and
Bride: PETTIGREW, Charlesetta, 20, w, housewife, Prebyterian
[indexed as Charlotte Pettigrew]
living Pleasant Hills, born Pleasant Hills
d/o David Newton (Economy) & Bridget Randall
married 1925-03-03 The Manse, Economy, NS
before John G Murray, William A Murray
by R P Murray, Presbyterian, Economy, NS
[collected by EMKeys 2008--12-10]
===========================
===========================
NSARM Colchester County death registrations
Year: 1939 Book: 170 Page: 691
Name: BOGGS, John Walter
DoB: 1899-03-29 Goldenville, Guysborough, NS
DoD: 1939-03-09 Pleasant Hills, NS
Age: 39y 11m 9d
Cause: influenza
Occupation: chopper/labour general
Marital status: married
Spouse: Charlesetta Newton
c/o: Alexander Boggs (Lochaber) & Margaret Lawrence (Port Hilford)
Burial: 1939-03-10 Debert, NS
Informant: Etta Boggs, wife, Pleasant Hills, NS