Re: Paul Lewis mystery + 2 MacBurnie obits.

Gerry:

Think I solved the mystery around Leora MacBurnie. She was m/1 Kenneth Paul;
m/2 Royal Glendon ³Junior² Lewis. So, her full name with the two marriage
surnames would be: Leora Ethel (MacBurnie) Paul Lewis, born 4 Jan 1937.
Obviously, she won¹t be buried with m/1, Kenneth Paul!

Did you notice a Kenneth Paul obit on the Herald Obit Index? I forgot to
look in the Archives today after I copied the 2 MacBurnie obits.

Dave
++++++++++++++
Chronicle Herald, Friday, December 29, 1978, pg. #28; Reel #6096, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: Alfred E. MacBurnie
Five Islands ­ Alfred E. MacBurnie, 80, of Five Islands, died Wednesday in
Parrsboro Hospital. Born in Five Islands, he was the son of the late Cyrus
and Mary Patterson MacBurnie. He was a retired farmer and lumberman. He is
survived by his wife, the former Hazel Killen; three daughters, Joyce (Mrs.
Walter Grue), Halifax; Frances (Mrs. Harold Eagles), Lower Five Islands;
Leora (Mrs. Kenneth Paul), Calgary; two sons, Glenford, Quesnel, B.C.;
Ronald, Five Islands; four sisters, Leona (Mrs. Norman Brown), Worcester,
Mass.; Alice (Mrs. Bert Aylward), Five Islands; Josephine (Mrs. Earl Weir),
River Hebert; Ethel (Mrs. Ronald Roberts), Moose River; one brother, Horace,
Worcester, Mass.; 16 grandchildren; three great grandchildren. He was
predeceased by his first wife, Myrtle Lockhart; one son, Roland; one
brother, John. The body is at his residence, Five Islands. Funeral service
will be Saturday at 2 p.m. In Periel United Church, Five Islands, with Rev.
Parker Matheson officiating. Burial will be in the Baptist Cemetery, Five
Islands.

Source: Dave Winter, 8 Dec 2008
---------------------------
NSARM Colchester County delayed birth registrations
Year: 1898 Book: 1898 Page: 99000861
Name: McBURNIE, Alfred Edgar
DoB: 1898-03-20 Five Islands, NS
c/o: Cyrus McBurnie & Mary Patterson
affidavit by mother on 1956-06-18
based on personal knowledge, family records, school records.
[collected by EMKeys 2008-11-06]
==================
Chronicle Herald, Thursday, September 16, 1971, pg. #28; Reel #6003, NSARM,
Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY: R. P. MacBurnie
Five Islands ­ Roland P. MacBurnie, 45, of Five Islands and Bass River,
Colchester County, died Tuesday at Five Islands. Born in Five Islands, he
was a son of Alfred and Myrtle (Lockhart) MacBurnie. Besides his parents, he
is survived by his wife, the former Marie Boggs, Bass River; one daughter,
Carol, Truro; two sons, David and Richard, both at home; three sisters,
Joyce (Mrs. Walter Grew), [sic Grue] Halifax; Frances (Mrs. Carol Eagles),
[sic, Harold] Lower Five Islands; Leora (Mrs. Kenneth Paul), Calgary; two
brothers, Glenford, Quesnel, B.C.; Ronald, Five Islands. The body is at
Smith¹s Funeral Home, Parrsboro. Funeral services will be held Friday at 2
p.m. In Peniel United Church, Five Islands with Rev. Victor MacLeod
officiating. Burial will be in the Baptist Cemetery, Five Islands.

Source: Dave Winter, 8 Dec 2008
---------------------
Roland¹s wife appears to be buried with Ira Thompson Morrison. Perhaps she
was m/1 to Ira before Roland????? Or, there was a separation between Roland
and Marie and she lived with Ira????? Ira appears to be m/1 Pauline Jane
Gibson Corbett then m/2 Etta (?) in 1957.

Cemetery Index - Colchester County
MARIE BOGGS MACBURNIE
Birth date (yyyymmdd) : 19290000
Death date (yyyymmdd) : 0
Age :
Buried in : PRESBYTERIAN CEME; FIVE ISLANDS Cemetery # : 142
Marker Number : 305 Number of People : 2
Book Number : 88.12
Stone Condition :

Cemetery Index - Colchester County
IRA THOMPSON MORRISON