Re: Flora S. (Phinney) McCormick, Hall of Springhill &_ Parrsboro

Hi Dave:

Bernard Hall died at Harbourview Hospital in Sydney Mines, NS not in Sydney.

I am starting to think we have two Bernard Halls, both coal miners, both with fathers named John and mothers with Tobin as a surname. Crazier things have happened? Or maybe one Bernard Hall who went to Springhill for work and got married there without divorce from m/1 and then scooted back to Sydney Mines to be with Mary by 1956.

Bernard Hall who married Mary Margaret MacIntosh was 30 when they wed. Bernard Hall who married widow Florence MacCormick was 40 (only three years later). I can find no death registration for Mary Margaret (MacIntosh) Hall and believe that she may have lived beyond 1957.

On Bernard Hall's death registration it reveals that he has been "at the place where death occurred" for "Life" which means he never left Sydney Mines (but maybe in error).

In 1901 he lives with John & Kate, 1911 John & Catherine, 1924 mother is Elizabeth, 1927 mother is Sarah???

Here is his stone from St Joseph's Cemetery, Sydney Mines, Cape Breton County, NS as transcribed by Recorded by Candace Boudreau & Debbie MacKinnon. Typed by Beverly Darby-Brown.
Recorded in July 1998. Note that he is buried alone!

Hall
In loving memory of
Bernard Hall 1894 - 1956
"Rest in peace"

We'll need some more information on Bernard Hall to finally settle him in any family trees. I'll keep looking in my CB files to see if I can find anything.

Eric