Stanley Aylward

As per my Aylward posting last week, I solved one and possibly two of my
queries.

Stanley's daughter, Hazel Aylward is m/1 to Stephen Willigar of Parrsboro.

Stanley's daughter, Lillian Aylward may possibly be m/1 to Donald R. Roberts
sometime after 1946.

Stanley's sister, Lillian Aylward was previously m/1 to Oscar L. Forbes,
born Parrsboro who was previously m/1 to Lois Wilson, born Springhill.

Springhill Record, Thursday, February 14, 1946, pg. #6; Reel #3211; NSARM,
Halifax,
N.S.
OBITUARY: Stanley Aylward
Suffering from a heart attack, Stanley Aylward of Parrsboro passed away at
All Saint's Hospital on Monday, February 4th after an illness lasting only
two weeks. He was 52 years of age. Born in Five Island's on June 19, 1893,
he married Jennie Davis of Five Island's at Parrsboro, November 15th, 1914.
There were five children, four daughters and one son and seven
grandchildren, who were left to mourn besides two sisters and two brothers.
Two other sisters predeceased him. The daughters are (Grace) Mrs. Trueman
McCormick of Springhill; (Hazel) Mrs. Stephen Willigar of Parrsboro; Lillian
and Mildred at home; one son, Ralph, Springhill. The brothers are Herbert
Aylward of Springhill and Clinton Aylward of New York. The sisters, (Belle)
Mrs. Benny Ellis, Horwick, Mass.; (Lillian) Mrs. Elmer McCarvour, St. John,
N.B.. Two sisters predeceased him; (Mary) Mrs. John Smith of St. John and
(Agnes) Mrs. Garnet Lewis of Springhill. Funeral services were held Thursday
from the home of his daughter, Mrs. Trueman McCormick, at 2:30 o'clock, Rev.
D.A. McKinnon, pastor of St. David's Presbyterian Church had charge of the
service, and was assisted by Rev. J.D. Davison of the First Baptist Church.
Hymns sung by the Baptist Choir were: "My Faith Looks Up To Me", "The Old
Rugged Cross" and "Nearer My God To Thee". Interment was at Hillside
Cemetery. Pallbearers were Messrs. Daniel Snowden, Henry Hibberts, Joseph
Winters, Lloyd Miller, Bennie Miller and James MacMillan.

(Didn't copy the long list of floral tributes etc.)

Source: Dave Winter 25 Sep 2007
Note:
Possible newspaper omission: Stanley had a sister, Georgie (Mrs. Stewart
Russell Smythe) who died 2 Apr 1909 in Parrsboro.
================
Automated Genealogy Version:
1901 Colchester County Census, Five Island¹s family #15, AYLWARD:
13   15 Aylward James M   Head M Jun 10 1847 53
14   15 Aylward Mrs James F   Wife M Feb 18 1861 40
15   15 Aylward Charles M   Brother S May 1 1846 72
16   15 Aylward Georgie F   Daughter   Oct 2 1882 19
17   15 Aylward Mary F   Daughter   Jan 18 1884 17
18   15 Aylward Bella F   Daughter   May 14 1886 15
19   15 Aylward Lily F   Daughter   Jun 30 1890 11
20   15 Aylward Stanely M   Son   Jun 19 1893 7
21   15 Aylward Aggie F   Daughter   Oct 21 1895 6
22   15 Aylward Lester M   Son   Jan 27 1898 3