Re: spruce gum

As a boy I lived in the woods in the winters. Dad worked on woods
crews. Good spruce gum was not easy to find and if you did you cleaned
it carefully all over with your jack knife, which improved the taste,
and you stored it in a large Eddy's match box. I loved it and still do.
So did my father and grandfather. Sometimes I still find it on the rare
occasions I am in the woods and last time I tried to introduce my
granddaughter to it, but she hasn't learned to like it yet!! I never
took to the "store-bought" stuff.

Is that interesting genealogical fodder??