Phillip CHAPMAN - Brickwall

Hopefully someone can help me with this brickwall.

I am looking for information that would confirm that Phillip CHAPMAN was
married twice, first to Elizabeth JONES and then to Sophia Meleorae
(NESBIT)?

Phillip who was originally from Fort Lawrence was living there in 1826 when
he and Thomas JONES applied for a land grant in Little Shemogue, New
Brunswick. I believe that Phillip and Elizabeth were married at this time as
the birth of their first child (Frederic) was in 1824.

In 1843 Elizabeth died and is buried in Shemogue. Phillip then appears in
the Westmorland/Botsford Census from 1851 onward with Sophia living in
Shediac. I believe Sophia had children from a previous marriage as a
daughter Sophia Nesbit is documented in the census and other writings.

Phillip CHAPMAN, son of Major Thomas CHAPMAN and Abigail CAINE, was born on
16 May 1793 in Fort Lawrence, Cumberland, Nova Scotia, died in 1872 in
Shediac, New Brunswick, at age 79, and was buried in United Baptist Cemetery
Shediac N.B.

Phillip married Elizabeth JONES, born 9 Jul 1798, Devonshire, England
daughter of Thomas JONES and Susanna PITTS. They had six children:
Frederic, Bowden, Susan A., Ann, Phillip Ovid, and Rosline. Elizabeth died
1843 and is buried at Shemogue, New Brunswick

Phillip next married Sophia Meleorae (Nesbit?). They had one child: Sophia

Sophia NESBIT was born in 1833 and died in 1914 in United Baptist Cemetery,
Shediac N.B., at age 81.

Thanks

Peter Chapman

Chapys Realm