Re: William King Rector

Kathryn:

If it helps, I have Bedford Amon as dying 3 Apr 1988 at home in Parrsboro as
per his obit. Also, his brother, Hansford Amon as dying 18 Oct 1985 in the
Parrsboro hospital as per his obit.

Dave
+++++++++++++++++++
Chronicle Herald, Tuesday, April 5, 1988; Reel #6313, PANS, Halifax, N.S.
OBITUARY
Amon, Bedford, 75, Parrsboro, died Sunday at home. Born in Parrsboro, he was
a son of the late Howard and Jane (Rector) Amon. He was a retired cook and
was an avid sports fan. He is survived by a daughter, Gloria (Mrs. Vernon
George), Parrsboro; a son, Paul, Regina; nine grandchildren; seven great
grandchildren; four sisters, Mrs. Flora Anderson, Dorothy (Mrs. Ralph
Brayley) and Gertrude (Mrs. Reginald Guilderson), all of Parrsboro; and Mrs.
Ethel Hyndmon, Collingwood, Cumberland County. He was predeceased by his
wife, the former Alice Winters. The body is in Smith's Funeral Home,
Parrsboro, where funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Wednesday, Rev. Eric
Miner officiating. Burial will be in St. George's Cemetery. Donations may be
made to any charity.

Source: Dave Winter

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Chronicle Herald, Saturday, October 20, 1984; Reel #6230, PANS, Halifax,
N.S.
OBITUARY - Hantsford Amon
Parrsboro - Hantsford Amon, 79, of Parrsboro, died Thursday in South
Cumberland Memorial Hospital, Parrsboro. Born in Parrsboro, he was a son of
the late Howard and Jane (Rector) Amon. He was a carpenter, christmas tree
and blueberry farmer. He is survived by his wife, the former Ula Fletcher;
two daughters, Loretta (Mrs. Walter Paukestla), New York; Alice (Mrs. Albert
Knox), Niagara Falls; a step daughter, Cecilia Lamb, Bramalea, Ont.; four
sisters, Gertrude (Mrs. Reg Guilderson), Flora (Mrs. Albert Anderson) and
Dorothy (Mrs. Ralph Brayley), all of Parrsboro; Ethel (Mrs. Everett Hyman),
Collingwood; one brother, Bedford, Parrsboro; 13 grandchildren; 4 great
grandchildren. He was predeceased by his first wife, Sadie Dowe, one son,
Howard; one daughter, Blanche. The body is in Smith's Funeral Home,
Parrsboro, where funeral will be today at 4 p.m., Rev. Eric Miner
officiating, with burial in the United Church Cemetery, Parrsboro.

Source: Dave Winter