Re: Demings of Pugwash

Hi John:

I also have a copy of Jim's MORRIS data as several of us Winter/s' married
into the Advocate Morris'. Jim and I still correspond with each other on a
weekly basis as it was he who helped me get started into genealogy several
years ago. His records and data are usually pretty accurate. I'll run the
following scenario past him for his thoughts and imput. His source reference
for Matilda's 1920 death date could possibly have been in error.

No wonder I couldn't locate the Demings on the 1881 Census; they were listed
as Daming. I have a tendency to agree with you that Matilda Augusta (Morris)
Demings possibly died from the complications of childbirth about or slightly
after Jan 1880 as Frustos / Trustos / Trustham / Friestern Demings is listed
as a widower in 1881. Benjamin and Jane Morris would be Matilda Augusta's
paternal uncle and aunt so this may be the reason for Etta Deming living
with the Morris' in 1881. This new data seems to point in that direction of
events.

Dave