Re: Confusing Brown's

Greg:

I would guess Don Lewis did another "typo" in his transcriptions. He was
transcribing from very poor penmanship and at the time, probably did the
best he could. Toney is almost the same as MacAloney if you leave out the
MacA. With everything else the same, I'd say there was only one George
Brown.

The only way to be 100% sure is to look at the original hand written Birth
Registration document at PANS, Halifax from which Don Lewis did his
transcriptions.

I personally have found several typos in his transcriptions. For example, my
maternal side is Dawson from Minudie; the same family is transcribed by Don
Lewis as Dawson, Dowson and Davidson on the various Cumberland County
Censuses.

Dave