Re: David Merriam Pettis

Thanks for the replys on this David. The info is great, but would
like to know more about the David Pettis who is s/o Elisha and
Hannah. I did not have a David listed as their child so i have
nothing on him. Maybe this is where i could not place the grandson
possibly. Can you forward what you have from Elisha and Hannah on?

Thanks again Dave/Eric

--- In >

> > Marry:
> >
> > Odd either these Pettis' OR Cullen's don't appear to be on the
1901 Cumberland County Census.

> Dave/Mary:
>
> They appear as PETTIS with family head (Elizabeth), her grandson
David (b 29-11-1899???), daughter Carrie Guest and her husband
William, daughter Hattie, daughter-in-law Margarite (Margaret??) and
granddaughter Murl? plus a lodger named Wells Cole. Elizabeth's
late husband was David Pettis s/o Hannah Merriam & Elisha Pettis. I
would suggest that David the grandson (and maybe even the
grandfather) were called David Merriam Pettis. His date of birth
differs from what Mary has found by 3 months. The February date
would be 9 months after the parents' wedding date - perhaps changed
for some reason?