Re: Help - Military Photos

Mary:

Try:

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/02010602_e.html

for WWI Attestation Papers. Scroll down the page a bit and type in the
Surname, then "submit query". then click on the "page" image for their
application.

There's a lot of family data on the applications including height, hair,
eyes, tattoos, next of kin, birthday, birth location etc. plus their
Military Unit Number.

I found out the middle name of my great uncle this way; many of us never the
"P." was for Porter and that he was "drafted" on 17 Oct 1917; he didn't
apply.

Dave