MATHEW, WHITTLE

Any one connected to Walter MATHEW, age 27, born England, living in Springhill when he married
Elizabeth WHITTLE, age 18 of Springhill (born in England) on August 20, 1900? Walter's parents were
Thomas and Melina, while Elizabeth's parents were not identified. I'm hoping to find that
Elizabeth's parents were Margaret and John Whittle of Lancashire, England, my gggparents. I believe
Elizabeth is the sister of my ggf Thomas WHITTLE who came to Springhill in 1883, returned to
Lanchasire after my grandmother Annie's birth in March, 1891, and came back to Springhill in 1902.
Thomas and his wife Mary (Hennessey/Glover) moved to Drumheller, Alberta abt. 1918. Their daughter
Annie WHITTLE married my gf William McLEOD in Springhill in 1912.

I know Margaret Whittle was listed in Southampton on the 1891 and 1901 censuses. Family rumour says
she was killed in 1904 when she was run over by a team of horses. With so many kind people posting
obits, has anyone run across a newspaper article of her death? Margaret is buried in Springhill; I
have her line back to 1760 in Lancashire.

Any leads most appreciated!

Pat in Calgary